***All males must register with the selective service within 30 days of their 18th birthday at www.sss.gov If 30 days has already passed, register immediately either online or at your post office
SENIORS: ACT Prep: Gordon Cooper
Contact: Penny 454-3233
ACT Prep Course: OU
Courses are held 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. on the OU campus.
December 19, 2013
February 1, 2014
April 5, 2014
June 7, 2014
Course Cost: $95
Register Online: youth.ou.edu
- Senior Announcements
- Meningitis Shots are strongly suggested for students going to college.
- Hagan Scholarship(www.hsfmo.org) 3.5 with 23ACT
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Scholarship: visit www.rmhc.org for more inormation or appy today at https://aim.applyisist.net/RMHC
- For financial aid all seniors must fill out the FASFA, this may be done online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- College Preview Days: Most colleges and universities set up days for seniors to visit campus, go on tour, visit faculty and financial aid officers. Check out the college of your choice on their website and see if there is a college preview day scheduled
- ALL STUDENTS:
- Sophomores: You can now apply for the HOBY Leadership Scholarship. See Mr. Bolander for the application.
- Driving Permits: Students needing to obtain their driving permit will need to pick up the reading and attendance letter required by law from the office, and also the green card from Driver's Ed. Parents will need to call in advance to make sure the letter is ready. Felicia at 567-2281 ext 200. Don't forget to take your original birth certificate and social security card along with one more form of ID.
- Physical Forms are available in the office for students still needing to get those.
- Community Service: Find or develop a project that you or you and a group of friends can do on a weekly basis. This helps with scholarships.
- ACT DATES: December 14, February 8, April 12, June 14 Register at www.actstudent.org
- Register for the test by November 8, January 10, March 7, May 9.
- Student-Athletes. If you are hoping/planning to go to college to play a sport the NCAA requires the ACT score to be reported to them through the ACT center. If you are signing up to take the ACT then you need to mark 9999 on one of the colleges in the section where you want your score sent. If you have already taken the ACT and want it sent you will have to get on the ACT website, www.actstudent.org and have it sent. There will be an extra fee to have it sent.
Choose another page in this section.